BSK - Boss Strike Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike

+7
Brinkjr19
Jamesek00
Vi5
Eyvindr
jimmy20102011
Mikelead
24mech
11 posters

Go down

Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike Empty Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Good morning. Yesterday we had Vi5 run down some numbers for us-Vi5 is our resident mathematics professor by the way. Based on past Boss Strikes Tier point requirements and total she determined that we need 23 million Boss points to reach tier 11. We will break this down to how much a player must contribute just to reach this tier
a) At 100 members if all of us participated it would be 230,000 per player or 46,000 per day. That would be clearing only 8 complete battles per day.
b) At an assumed 300 people for a grand alliance of nations each player will contribute 77,000 per player or 15,000 points per day.
Please note we are only talking about battles. Resource drops are not included in this calculation. Also not included in this is Alt account resource drops. Also death dealer accounts are not included. As you can see if every one throws in the required boss points per day we can reach tier 11 in good time as i know some of you guys are overachievers Very Happy
When we finalize agreements with the other guilds we will require from them the same amount of boss points per person. If we push a bit more then tier 12 is very likely.
As a reminder we did put a seperate calculation for a perceived 20% slackers. It adds a burden to the main core of guildmates. We will be implementing the boss strike spreadsheet soon and will hopefully force the remaining 20% to do their part or get booted.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike Empty Re: Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike

Post by Mikelead Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Great post! Thank you

Mikelead

Back to top Go down

Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike Empty Re: Projected player contribution for the next Boss Strike

Post by jimmy20102011 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice post Mech, but also very disappointing at the same time to see that tier 11 was achievable with 100% contribution by all members. Hopefully now that everyone knows what is expected they will put in just that little bit the non contributors I mean and we can get there. I know I almost got the total figure last boss strike with just lumber drops. I think with a bit of elbow grease we should be able to achieve this time around.

jimmy20102011

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy20102011 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm

On a side note to the post you have above, I notice there are only 61 registered to the forum, straight away there is 30% of members not seeing these messages. Can we get the leaders to get all to get registered for the forum?

jimmy20102011

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:56 pm

please extend your praise to vi5 who made the calculations faster than i can ever do it.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyvindr Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 pm

So has anyone given any detailed thought as to how you plan to cycle 300 members on a daily basis? Considering that you can't really kick out of the guild leadership, you can't really add and remove 100 users, more like 96 or so (assuming you don't want to completely relinquish control of your guild. Also how are folks intending to do this, you only get to pick 1 8 hour slot of the day to play where your points will count? Seems like for your top point earners a bit of a waste if they are capable of playing for more then 8 hours, or if they don't play all at 1 time.  Also that also means that if you kick all the members our, they have to then reapply for membership and someone has to accept them.

I manage global support teams at work, so dealing with round the globe process is something I am very familiar, and I think these numbers are not going to exactly work the way your currently calculating them.  

Also really these Boss Strikes are won by your heavy hitters who happen to have the right configuration of units (normally nano heavy armies) that can dominate all 5 waves with minimal losses, allowing them to maximize points. You are not going to want to limit these players to only 8 hours of potential play time. You will want to give them as much flexibility to play and earn as they can muster during the 3-5 days of the strike.

More then having 300 people cycling through to play a few battles, and dropping resources, we need to have far more effort putting into posting exact configuration and strategies that work. We need to figure out also the variations of unit combinations that might work as well to maximize points and either get through to complete wave 5, or when they do loose, don't take forever to repair. Having that information available within the first 6 hours of the Boss Strike will completely change the effect that the rest of the participants can contribute.

We need to really focus on a game plan once the event beings. That way all of the members of the guilds can contribute effectively.
Eyvindr
Eyvindr

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi5 Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Eyvinder, I agree with you that a good way to implement the rotation would need to be worked out before the next Boss Strike. Your expertise would be great with that. I don't think the idea was to limit any player to only 8 hours. But there are players who can predict down times, like me at work. Then leaders need to work out rotation to be available to let primary guild members back in. Maybe recruit a leader from another global region to cover us round the clock.

Strategy is key and the server issues and forum bugs really slowed us down last time. Problem with forum seems fixed (although missing guild members still). Server is uncontrollable.

I think we have strong players who can work to determine best units/combos to take down the enemy. Others can quickly wimp in to determine the number and formation of all the possible front lines coming at us. Share info in the forum as well as guild chat (more immediate there). It will take more time at first but payoff later in lower repair costs and turn around time. Once best unit/combos are known, then post best results and complete info on each enemy formation.

I believe that an active 100 member guild can get tier 11 easily, if not tier 12. I also have no idea how to ensure all members are doing everything they can to contribute. Also, there are other important contributions to make during the Boss Strike besides just battling.

For example, resource collection from doing daily help rounds (during repair time or even if out of guild waiting to return). Assuming all members have the requirement of 3 mills, then every player can collect 100x45 of each resource per day. For the guild, that amounts to about 100x100x45=450,000 of the resource every day. For tier 1 resources (wood, stone, iron, coal, oil) that's about 120,000 points per day. For tier 2 resources (lumber, concrete, steel) that's roughly 240,000 points. Even if there is a collection limit on mills/mines, we are certainly not achieving this possibility. [And yes, some of the help round hits will go to hospital/repair bays, but some hits would be on advanced mills so it probably balances out.]

Vi5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesek00 Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 pm

We will not have 300 people online at the same time. When a person is ready to donate/fight they will apply to join and the people who are offline will be kicked to make room. When that person comes back online and is ready to fight, all he have to do is apply and we will kick someone else who is offline to make room. We will have to promote a few more temporary officers who is in a different time zone to help invite/kick

Jamesek00

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 pm

thanks for your concern eyvindr. i assure you this has been done by more minor guilds than us and has reached tier 10 two hours behind us using lower level units. They did have a set schedule of officers acting as gatekeepers- each guild having it's own guild password. I was observing this during Boss strike 2 and to a limited amount Boss strike 3 on my brothers grand alliance. They were sucessful. Why were the chinese and russian guilds able to sucessfully reach tier 11, 12,13 with their grand alliances. I know this guild has the guts but staying power? no i don't think so...in the long run over the next few days of boss strike people got worn down, units and resources got depleted, wives got pissed off. The supposedly lesser guilds were able to perform this transition seamlessly. why can't we? and why are we as a guild stuck in a mindset that we can win boss strike by sheer guts and will. At this point those guilds won by numbers thrown at a fight that is by essence a numbers game- numbers of resources donated, numbers of battles won and again getting enough boss points out of those fights.  Those lesser guilds were smart. They had more down time to gather resources, more time to heal units, more time for real life. If you want to keep battling for hours on end then very good. But the truth is people have to get downtime and this is where it hurt our guild. When there was only 4 of us at 0300 am pacific us time grinding it out the numbers crept up slowly.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm

We as a guild should think more as a very good level 60 group than an individual player with a level 60 acct with other folks with the same level acct. You have to think that what is good for the guild is good for you as a member of that guild. You are not michael jordan that can carry the team to a great win- it is this team that can bring itself to higher levels.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 pm

And tell me this folks. How are you contributing to boss strike when you are sleeping or busy at work or taking care of your kids. It's true your nation is gathering resources or healing troops but what if another nation is actively donating and battling when you sleep or do your real life stuff. It's a continuing cycle - 200 are resting their nations - 100 are actively doing stuff for our guild.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:08 pm

We will need those slots open. You have to sacrifice your slot to let others help the guild. We will get you back when boss strike is finished. This has been done before. This is not an original concept guys. We are copying a tested strategy to make BSK better in boss strike.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy20102011 Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Agree, Mech Friday, Monday, Tuesday I would be at work and out of commission for about 8 hours, I think I gave examples earlier were others from a different time zone could jump in will I am off or even asleep for that fact. As long as the original members are able to get back in when they are ready. What about someone chasing the people not on the forum? Maybe that is the first step we need to get done before anything else. Go team......

jimmy20102011

Back to top Go down

Post by Brinkjr19 Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:02 am

This is why you leaders get paid the "big bucks"...JK Defiantly will take a lot of work and coordination. So by this measure we need two other guilds to buy into this system...and 6 additional leaders in all time zones to let members in at their Time slots... I would just hope that those other 200 are going to go as full throttle as we would like it's their own clan.... I am in definite agreement that 300 working for one goal is better than 100... Let's just hope that Z2 keeps allowing people to get the previous reward- otherwise it would make little since... Unless that is we are going for the highest number and not the most rewards

Brinkjr19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 am

One simple way to handle a potentially complicated situation is to "leave" the guild when you are going to be offline for a while (at work, sleep, kids, drinking in a parking lot, etc). This will automatically free up spaces in the guild and save the officers the time of searching for someone who is offline and booting them when that person may be coming online soon...
This really involves nothing more than being "courteous" to the rest of the guild members and remembering to "leave" the guild when you are signing off for the night or work day.
This solution likely won't solve the entire issue but will be a big step in helping to address it and lives of the officers a bit easier during BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I am happy to leave when I know I will not be on. I just don't want there to be a delay when I am back online and ready to play again. Nothing is more frustrating than being ready to play, but having to wait 10/15/20 minutes to have someone accept me back to the guild. This happened to me once during the last boss strike. I gave up and moved on to something else. When I came back two hours later I was back In the guild.

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 pm

I agree tstone, that is the biggest problem I see with this...if you are ready to play and can't get back in, but that's going to be the case anyways with an alliance. I think everyone's production will likely go down for this reason...I used to do a bunch of battles here and there throughout the day whenever I got a chance and then hit it hard at night when the kids go to bed, with this alliance I likely won't be able to do that.
Theoretically it should be better that way though because while I could only play for a few minutes out of every hour, there is likely someone who can play for 2-3 hours straight and they would be much more productive playing in that timeframe than I would.

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 pm

I know it was a frustration by a lot of you guys especially with a lack of gatekeepers. For me i was doing it while i was working in the nights and any time i was free or off from work.  I emphasized more officers for this venture.  It cannot be a 4 man show. It must be more gatekeepers and decentralization especially on this.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan70 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Sounds like a good strategy divine

Morgan70

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick9889 Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:33 pm

So has anyone found officers(maybe 20 in total?) from different time zones to help accept people into the group?

Nick9889

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikelead Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 pm

I will do what is needed. I do have one question though. What would happen if you were booted near the end of the strike and didn't make it back in to collect the tier 11 reward? Moving so many in and out, it could happen.

Mikelead

Back to top Go down

Post by happyphantom74 Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Just my two cents but unless there is some kind of schedule were shifts are worked out there will be a lot of gaps when people cant get back on. there are also a lot of us that pop on for a battle here and there even at work.
happyphantom74
happyphantom74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down