BSK - Boss Strike Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Strike Points Tracker

+5
Mikelead
Brinkjr19
vallim
Morgan70
Tstone77
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boss Strike Points Tracker Empty Boss Strike Points Tracker

Post by Tstone77 Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Based on the conversation we just had (24mech, KFR, Vi5, BigDaddy) in guild chat I created a simple form to allow people to input the points they are earning during a Boss Strike.

There are some things to consider before deciding if we want to do this.  It only really works if everyone does it.  We need to trust people to be honest (there ARE ways to tell if they aren't).  People need to submit one entry every time they earn points (not in bulk).

The form can be found HERE

The form results can be found HERE (for now - will be moved private later).

ADDED: Real Time "Top 20" Points tracker:
Boss Strike Points Tracker Oimg?key=0AhDZ0Y20QRKedGRlX3JyRTlJbER0T3hWdEdSdWNQYUE&oid=4&zx=trpe9x8p4s3tBoss Strike Points Tracker Oimg?key=0AhDZ0Y20QRKedGRlX3JyRTlJbER0T3hWdEdSdWNQYUE&oid=5&zx=g7o9w25ntoln

***Based on feedback I updated the form to allow a single entry for multiple battles. You can now either enter your points after every battle/donation, OR enter the points accumulated after several battles/donations. The more accurate you are the more reliable the data will be. If you round or estimate the information will get skewed by a lot. For instance if 1000 entries (we will probably have several thousand) are rounded up by just 5 points each then the total count will be off by 5000.

Last edited by Tstone77 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 7 times in total

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike Points Tracker Empty Re: Boss Strike Points Tracker

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Nice work ts!
This is the best way so far to track input each Member can make in BS. But like you said, everyone have to do it and we have to trust that noone will try to cheat. Anyway I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm

nice work, that's pretty cool...I was testing it out with different numbers and when I tried to enter 8000 or 9000 I got an error message saying I had to "enter a number"...is this by design?

During BS I usually grab points whenever I can so there are times when I'm playing at home on ipad or in the car on my phone or something like that...I probably wouldn't lot stuff while I'm out on my phone but when I'm home I can input the numbers because I always track them for myself. I do see you have to not enter them in bulk...so is this ok or are you talking more about people entering 50 battles at once...also, what would be the problem with entering them in bulk or perhaps every 5-10 battles...seems it may get annoying to enter stats after each battle.

Note- I'm not complaining, think this is a cool idea, just asking questions and playing devil's advocate a bit...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Specific to bulk inputs, I would question how anyone keeps track of the points they have earned over several battles. If you're going to track them accurately you might as well input them in the form one at a time. Otherwise folks will just estimate their points which will end up being much less accurate. Plus the form works from your computer, iphone, ipad, Andriod, etc - every platform the game is played on.

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:56 pm

ah ok, I write my exact points down on paper that I carry around with me and then enter them in an excel spreadsheet I keep on my computer when I can. I figure if I can't be accurate then there is no point in keeping track of my points...Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan70 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I will be the devil, never mind the details lol. I'm not in favor of anything that is not automated. I have somewhat limited time to play the game as is and this would take away some of that time. I also spend a lot of time waiting to reconnect to the game once I leave and them come back when I'm playing on my iPad. This would definitely make my cumbersome connection even more challenging if I have to access this form outside the game app then come back into the game app.

Morgan70

Back to top Go down

Post by vallim Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I also play whenever i can during BS. when I'm at home I'm keeping track on computer (unless locked in bathroom so my wife dont think I'm playing), but when I'm not at home playing from the phone i dont keep tracking, not even on paper, so i cant guarantee will put every point i make. That said I'm not worried on putting only part of my points cause i know it wil be a big number. If that isnt a problem to you either I want to do this until a leaderboard is introduced by z2.
vallim
vallim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Morgan, I only experience that if I leave the game for more than 30-60 seconds or so. For the past two boss strikes I have swapped (on my iphone) from BN to a google spreadsheet to enter numbers then back to BN after every battle without BN resetting the connection. It takes about 10-15 seconds. . Do other people have a different experience with the connection resetting?

Regardless, I plan on using this form from now on whether others do it or not because it is faster than finding and updating a spreadsheet cell. Smile

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by Brinkjr19 Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:41 am

First off- great idea- not only will I be able to know where I stand with everyone (self check) if I need to up my game or whatnot- but it will also be able to crack the egg of who is doing their part... I have to say though I track my numbers as well... And I grind a ton in order to contribute... I write down my numbers old school and add as I go, building off the old number every 10 fights or so- I do not round. If I could input those totals in bulk it would be a lot easier for me, as I would not be spending precious time going back and forth.... As well as typically I donate in groups of 8k or more. I do not play on any other device than my phone so it's not like I have a separate connection at my finger tips... And same here depending where I am at- connection time can be an issue...I think overall tracking is the key not so much as to exactly every single fight numbers- helpful yes but I think the goal is to figure out who is doing their part and who is free loading- just my 2 cents-
Otherwise nice work and thanks for putting this together!

Brinkjr19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikelead Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 am

I think this looks great. I agree that automation is the best but until the leaderboard comes out, this maybe a good way to go. I will give it a try during the next strike and see how it works. I do have a question for the group. What is a good daily goal for boss points? I got around 260k during the last strike is that a respectable number?

Mikelead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am

If everyone (all 100 members) did 260k over the course of the entire boss strike (not even per day) we would have finished tier 11. It's not super hard when you think about it in terms of points each person is responsible for. That's why I think it helps to give people specific point goals.

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick9889 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:24 am

Well i think maybe 25 members did double that diring te boss strike while the rest did around 260k or less thats why we never got tier 11 Sad

Nick9889

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick9889 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:24 am

Double that during the*

Nick9889

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikelead Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 am

So I guess that is not good then. I was told when I joined the guild to aim for at least 40k a day. I did more than that each day. The problem I ran into was having enough oil to feed my adv repair bay. I am working on fixing that issue.

Mikelead

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikelead Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 am

I like the idea of setting point goals. I think the point tracker would work well to monitor that.

Mikelead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Based on feedback I updated the form to allow a single entry for multiple battles. You can now either enter your points after every battle/donation, OR enter the points accumulated after several battles/donations.

Just remember, the more accurate you are the more reliable the data is. If you round or estimate the information will get skewed by a lot. For instance if 1000 entries (we will probably have several thousand) are rounded up by 5 points each then the total count will be off by 5000.

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyvindr Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I appreciate being able to enter a large batch. When I am playing like many I keep track on a pad of paper. So when I need a break being able to go in and enter the points en-mass would be a nice feature.

I still think until they incorporate something into the mechanics of the game, this is going to have only moderate adoption. But that is better then nothing, and will help identify who needs to be kicked in favor of those that actually play by this style.

I also think that as soon as they have an in-game way of tracking, the "sub-guild" swapping is going to get flagged big time. You will then be able to see how many "members" a guild leveraged to hit their totals.
Eyvindr
Eyvindr

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuRabbit Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Tstone has put a lot of work into this idea. If some of you guys are having a hard time using google docs or inputting your data ill set up a thread in the boss strikes section of the forums to post your information there and ill post it on the sheet. There is also an app to access it with. Check the App Store for google drive. We'll also have to make sure the guild leaders if the allied guilds collect this information from their members or require their members to collect it and post as well. If anyone has any questions or concerns shoot, we'd like to work the bugs out of the system before we get into the boss strike.
KungFuRabbit
KungFuRabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

You shouldn't have to use the google drive app. The form works in the native Safari browser on iOS devices.

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuRabbit Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah, I didn't open the form before hand. Saw it after I wrote my response.
KungFuRabbit
KungFuRabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan70 Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm

So for those using iPads and iPhones, I'm guessing then we will have to purchase an app to run the spreadsheet...what would that be?

Morgan70

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuRabbit Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:39 pm

No, there's no need for the app. It's a free one anyways but this form won't need it
KungFuRabbit
KungFuRabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi5 Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Very nice and lots of work going into. Thanks tstone. It will certainly help us out. Cool

Vi5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstone77 Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 pm

I added a chart that tracks the Top 20 point earners:

Boss Strike Points Tracker Oimg?key=0AhDZ0Y20QRKedGRlX3JyRTlJbER0T3hWdEdSdWNQYUE&oid=4&zx=trpe9x8p4s3t

Tstone77

Back to top Go down

Post by vallim Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 am

seems i need to deliver more points. lol! 
vallim
vallim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next