BSK - Boss Strike Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars

+6
bubba0198
Legion999
Vi5
vallim
happyphantom74
jimmy20102011
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guild Wars Empty Guild Wars

Post by jimmy20102011 Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 pm

All, has there been any discussion re strategy regarding the Guild Wars?
How people can help that aren't fighting?
Are people tracking points?
Doing help rounds for those that are involved?
Keeping resources open for those that are involved to heal faster?
Anything i may have missed......

Just putting this out there for discussion.

Jim

jimmy20102011

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars Empty Re: Guild Wars

Post by happyphantom74 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 pm

If there are no rules then we occupy each other so there is no room for them then occupy their hospitals and repair bars first, then kill anything in their garrisons then laugh

also would be nice to get that list on here hard to see that note and add at the same time

Last edited by happyphantom74 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i thunk about it more)
happyphantom74
happyphantom74

Back to top Go down

Post by vallim Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm

000yf1984
_Bone_crusher_
Aceyoungblood
adel22
afaisal17
Al3xlo
Albeolupus
albus_severus
alexanderM11
Amon82
arcticwolves
artbosov
bearking
bloodonsteely
bootanka
Brechtped
brs99
bruce521
cameron82
Camzilla
captainkirky1
charlie81
chrisa1
darkvadder
deaclauderdale
derpdave
deviant1975
diegosales
eggs4
elichten
eric1239
f3llx89
falcon85
fordfan77
fredrie
freebasebuzz
gentleG
gerards887
gi_joe_6915
greysteel
gtdroptop
H4N94P3
hallmanac
haukenpo
ianwhite71
inhumanesnow6
justin_allard
jww1998
killieboy1869
kingdennis
liyuan25
mariom3
marito2012
markoscy
mechemsi
mohlema
mondo34
Mrglobal
nature spirit
nick180
Ninjajay
nunesnunes
omnicientDeath
ourrewaeller
perfect ford
R2C_Rotten
Rey131
Ronin535
schnubbi164
secondchance
SHAPDOG
shengbo
skyarmy
sparkypyro
spidey57
TheCondemned
the jackel1960
tourmby
trym2000
Turtleskull
twistedarsonist
video monkey
war10ckz
xevilkingx
Xplosive_B
Ylee559
sockeymonkey1

Some names have a space according to photo letter but spaces aren't allowed on usernames.
vallim
vallim

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi5 Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:57 am

I have just a few questions before it begins so I hope one of the leaders/organizers can answer these.
1. What time on Friday will it begin? (hoping not when I'm busy)
2. Can we turn our battle flag to green (no attacks), if...
a. We are not participating at all?
b. We are only helping during the guild war?
c. We are off line for an extended time (work, life, sleep, etc.)?
d. Until we are able to start if start time is bad for us?

I'm not accepting or sending invites until I know. But a few of these players are already friends of mine from PvP (a while ago, don't know any current strength levels, sorry).

Vi5

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion999 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:23 am

Good questions vi, happy sound strategy, really just need to occupy the resources correct? If my VF is occupied no biggie. We shoul keep three or four heavy hitters out of other guilds bases and at full strength to act as an extermination squad to relieve occupations that make it through our defenses and prove difficult. How is victory achieved? Seems either guild could proclaim victory and there would be no way to dispute it. Huge hospital bill or not this should add a little pizazz to BN. Heard it will be cancelled in the event of a 2x sp event this weekend; true?

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Post by bubba0198 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Well I originally said no, but would be all in if the guild decided to do this. Wondered if my base was given to other side and I just now started to receive friend requests from the above list, so I guess I was included.

I will initially play defense to see how this thing goes....should be able to limit losses by just thwarting occupiers as the computer AI isn't always the brightest and gain some nice SP as well going against megas, etc.

So I guess I'm in as much as I can be.......

bubba0198

Back to top Go down

Post by happyphantom74 Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:25 pm

well apparently we cant occupy each other to the point that we cant be invaded and putting down your battle flag = a surrender. I got those rules from Photo.

I will second a call for a start time. I am going to be covered in clay while my base is getting ransacked all day Friday. seems like this should run saturday sunday not friday saturday.
happyphantom74
happyphantom74

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi5 Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Why can the rules not be put here? Isn't that the purpose of the forum, to disseminate information to all guild members?

Vi5

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion999 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Start time and qualifications for the win please? Aside from that I believe the guild were warring with is VR. I know their name from the forums and heard they've done this before. I believe their attack will be coordinated against our med facilities and be simultaneous, as in 30 of them will attack us the second it starts( whenever that may be). This is our first "war". Should we play it defensive, gauge their strengths and counterattack. Repel, do a little recon then at 3am GMT we attack en masse? Or go tit for tat all day and hope we get more tats than they get... Assuming tit for tat is the point system used to win.
Should we pluck off the weak or bring down the mighty? I prefer toppling pedastels to burning farms. But it's not up to me. We could take a sound off to find out who is participating. Everyone can't say
" if everyone else is I am" either. I will answer the call to arms friend 5 people off that list and see what happens.

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Post by vallim Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 pm

I've sent invites to the first 20, have received about 5 invites and some was already on my friends list, so I'm in for good.

I've 4 garrisons, 2 guardposts, 2 mulchers and 1 lightining tower around hospitals, Repair bays and mills.

puted 10 heaviers, 5 lct, 5 chuckers and 10 trebs on each garrison, 15 wimps on each guardpost.

So i have 150 troops around my installations. since on every occupy attempt only 6 came to battle, even if i lose 20 they cant occupy my hospitals or bays, when they've done 20 attempts their retreating troops will prevent new attempts unless they use nanos to speed up retreat.

I will then refill defenses and counterattack retreating armies to kill the units they used against my defenses.

Since my defenses are relatively solid they should bring good units to take them down and I'm counting they will loose them on my counterattack.

This is basic my defense plan. what are your thoughts about it?
vallim
vallim

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi5 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:15 am

Vallim, I think your plan is very solid and will try to do something similar to defend. I also think they are crazy if they attack you.

Still needing to know more about start time and rules for this war.

Vi5

Back to top Go down

Post by happyphantom74 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 am

so I just got this from mondo34 the start time is contingent on seeing what the weekend promotion is. which is slightly more useful then knowing its going to be friday. also seems there guild leadership is having issues getting a hold of ours.
happyphantom74
happyphantom74

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion999 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 am

Also jumping on the "copying vallims defenses" wagon. Started setting it up last night. Don't know why the start time is dependent on the promotion. Either it's going to be units, statues, buildings etc... Or it's going to be a sp, bp or xp modifier. First one we war through second we don't.

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Post by happyphantom74 Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:30 pm

I guess my point was that as of this morning the other guild did not know the start time either. Sorry I forget people cant read my mind
happyphantom74
happyphantom74

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion999 Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Well now we have a week to prepare

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am

may i suggest a modification to the guild wars. An objective based war. one with rules and guidelines. i did an online war with a wargame group a while ago with other groups. Gave direction to the pointless online battles and made it more interesting.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Stupidrobot Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm

I like that idea Mech. Say have one particular building on several outposts be "flag" and it needs to be occupied until the end of the war to be the winner
Stupidrobot
Stupidrobot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy20102011 Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm

During this war do we remove all troops that are occupying? Reason I ask is some people might attack friendlies by mistake during this war. Everyone not knowing each other's alt accounts that are occupying mains. Also not knowing who's is fighting in the war to help those that are defend there land. Any thoughts ideas?

jimmy20102011

Back to top Go down

Post by Gametimebrizzle Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:57 am

I'm curios as to what exactly the non-competing guild members can do to help out and/or if that's even going to be allowed. Should us non-competing members take down our black flag for the duration of the event?

Gametimebrizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesek00 Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 am

Don't accept their invite if you aren't interested in competing. If u want to help clear occupiers, be my guest

Jamesek00

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 pm

hello guys here is my idea of revamping the guild wars. As i said earlier this is a modification of the online war i did with some blokes before . Basically we use an alt account high enough to put some features on it namely and airfield, group of factories, houses representing a city, oil fields, and a grp of buildings representing a port (placing it close to the lake). These will be the objectives. Each objective will have 6 flags around it. Each flag is a point when you capture it. If you capture most of the flags in an objective you gain a game bonus, If you lose you get a disadvantage for that objective. a game bonus will be for example - capturing the airfield gives you an option to add more planes in your army. If you lose the airfield then all the armies will lose their air support or if you lose the oil field you lose a tank slot in your army.
Instead of elite units and mega tanks flailing around in this war we will require folks participating to compose their army in the following fashion. As far as i remember there are 8 slots when you fight. out of those 8 slots - 2 slots will be for heavy type of tanks, 1 slot for a plane, 2 slots for artillery- one weak one and 1 strong one, 1 slot for a regular type of troop, 1 slot for elites-sniper, vet, elemental and 1 slot for a special -zombie, animal etc. It will make the person think hard on what to send and balance his army. It will make the battle more balanced too. An army can exchange their plane for a ligt or medium tank.
Points are counted at the end of the day at a designated time and counted by umpires from both sides. Total tally of points are counted at the end of the war with added points if you fully occupy an objectives flag.
I know it is more complicated that this war but it is more meaningful to 2 gorilla guilds slugging and hooting , thumping their chests and trying to see who is the best.
opinions please on this if you want the guild wars to be better.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:47 pm

This will make everyone use their unused units and make you guys think. What units do i bring? What will we prioritize to win? If we lose the airfield can we keep the momentum going?etc...

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 pm

So basically if you capture the city you can replace the trooper with an elite and they lose their elite. If you capture the port the enemy loses one heavy artillery in their slot. You can replace your trooper with another heavy artillery. If you capture the oil field they lose one heavy type of tank and you replace your trooper with a lighter type of tank

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by 24mech Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Also as a special - there can be sections in the map where tank battles only are permitted to gain more points for the team, one part will be air battles only, one section is chemical warfare only. A lot of possibilities that i can write down. Both guilds would just have to abide by the rules. any cheaters of not following army composition will be a point deducted. a pic is required of the cheating army and sent to the umpires.

24mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion999 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 pm

I like the idea, but how are the points or advantages tallied and the umpires designated.

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next