BSK - Boss Strike Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events? Empty Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events?

Post by Eyvindr Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I was just thinking about this last BS, and how even though I could occationally complete all the waves, I still felt like others in the Guild were just crushing it 24/7. Hearing folks post how they could complete all 5 waves with minimal losses was awesome, but left me feeling like a total slacker, and that my army just wasn't up to the task.

I have a fair number of nano units, and finally starting to get the prestige units ranked up, but I still felt like I just was behind the curve. Like after every Boss Strike, I spend all my time trying to rank up the units that were the most effective in the past Boss Strike. Then when the new one starts, once again, my units are not the right ones for the job.

I guess what I am trying to get a discussion going on, is what units should we be focusing on to get up to Rank 6 or with the BS units, above rank 6.

I would like to try to focus on non Nano units if we can, so that this list is universal for all members.

The ones that seem to have come up a lot are:

1. Wimps
2. MG Turret
3. Lt. Chem Tanks (LCT)
4. Trebuchet
5. Lightning Dragoon
6. Planes
7. Some kind of Heavy Tank

What other unit should folks that are trying to get better focus on. I just learned about the "Dragon" and I am trying to figure out if I should invest the time in leveling it up.

Eyvindr
Eyvindr

Back to top Go down

Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events? Empty Re: Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events?

Post by Legion999 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:15 pm

R6 wimps are mandatory, make life very easy. Trebuchet are what I'm working on now. They weren't very helpful this BS but at r6 I believe their nano cost raptor attack is very effective. A tank at r5 or 6 is a nice damage soaker. Essential for the AS I'm told. Lct are great to rank up units invade a garrison 2 lct (3 if in a hurry) and whatever unit you're ranking up just eats through the wimps. I like the arch crawler might be a useful support unit. Without an elemental trooper the cryo is okay. As far as prestige units, other than a r4 radio tech the others are just different not essential.

Legion999

Back to top Go down

Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events? Empty Re: Anyone else feeling behind the curve unit wise for BS events?

Post by Arrrgh1083 Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Doing well at boss strikes without using nanopod units seems like it's going to revolve around exploiting a weakness or quirk in the setup.  The second BS we were able to spam Boom Buses and keep everything stunned, and this one we were able to use flyers to avoid most of the attacks.  The first and third BS we couldn't exploit much of anything, and didn't do as well. If you want consistent damage and survivability, you really need to spend nanopods (*cries*).

That said, your list is solid. I'd change 'Planes' to F10, Dirigible and Hunters though.  The F10 and Dirigible bring the pain, while Hunters dodge like crazy and aren't ammo-dependent. Bigfoots and Heavier tanks are great damage sponges, and Arch Crawlers look interesting since they deal SO MUCH DAMAGE. The Eagle Eye is also great at picking off enemies, though it doesn't dodge nearly well enough for my taste. I'm not a huge fan of the lightning dragoon, but it's certainly not bad.

I'd also recommend getting at least one of the most useful nanopod units (megas and elementals is what I did this with) and ranking them a bit.  That way, if you feel like splurging at some point, you're not trying to beat a BS using rank 1 units.

Arrrgh1083

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum